Human Resource Guide to Answering ADA Workplace Questions (11th Edition)
This publication consists of step-by-step checklists to guide a supervisor, manager, human resource professional, EEO officer, or other in-house personnel in handling everyday ADA workplace issues.
“Expanded Checklists” are included for each topic which summarize federal agency and judicial decisions in a user-friendly manner.
Checklists and Practical Hints for Human Resources Personnel
David K. Fram, Director, ADA Services, for the National Employment Law Institute, and former ADA Policy Attorney in the Office of Legal Counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Washington, DC, has designed this extremely practical stand-alone HR guide so that it may, if desired, accompany the extensive case-oriented citations provided in Resolving ADA Workplace Questions: How Courts and Agencies are Dealing with Employment Issues, chapter by chapter.
- Whether Individual Has a “Disability”
- Whether Individual is “Qualified”
- How to Determine “Reasonable Accommodation”
- Whether Individual Poses a “Direct Threat”
- Additional Information on Drug, Alcohol and Other Conduct Rules
- Restrictions on Disability-Related Questions and Medical Examinations
Updated March 2022.